Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
A good January , just got over the flu, thick green luggy, spit and rubbed right into the lens, will take care of that fog.
A Snow skiers and scuba divers secret recipe to fog free lens

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Keep the rifle in your vehicle but inside an insulated case. The change in temperature, won't be so extreme and fogging won't take place when you remove it from the case. Do not keep your rifle in the vehicle without a case. The temperature changes that occur outside are too rapid and are bad for some stocks and the screw attachments.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Never used this, but I have used rain-x and fog-x before with good success. JUST A DAB!!!
Keep the rifle in your vehicle but inside an insulated case. The change in temperature, won't be so extreme and fogging won't take place when you remove it from the case. Do not keep your rifle in the vehicle without a case. The temperature changes that occur outside are too rapid and are bad for some stocks and the screw attachments.
+1 ^^^ what they said.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
When I was in basic training we had to wear stupid eye pro all the time and to keep them from fogging up we would take a small dot of gel shaving cream or toothpaste and rub it on the lens until you couldn't see it anymore. It worked thats for sure. Don't use a lot. You only need enough about the size of an eraser.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
When I was in basic training we had to wear stupid eye pro all the time and to keep them from fogging up we would take a small dot of gel shaving cream or toothpaste and rub it on the lens until you couldn't see it anymore. It worked thats for sure. Don't use a lot. You only need enough about the size of an eraser.
Gel shaving cream and toothpaste are normally used in order to remove the protective manufacturing and shipping film. It's not really meant to be a day to day fog protection after the initial film has been removed.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Gel shaving cream and toothpaste are normally used in order to remove the protective manufacturing and shipping film. It's not really meant to be a day to day fog protection after the initial film has been removed.
Never knew that. Used it for those glasses and it worked but protective glasses and a $400 scope is a different story. Never mind might not want to use that. Scratch my suggestion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts