Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out about 7 this morning to do some wade fishing. It was like glass out. The fog was super thick as I'm sure you knew. I went to the Naval live oaks national seashore. There was little life out while the fog was there, after it blew out I started seeing some movement, the birds started diving, and the mullet started working. I didn't get a single hit all morning but I saw the biggest red I've evr seen still in the water, it came swimming right up to me, my guess is it was about 4' long, not exaturating! It was old old old, the tail was ragged and it must've been blind to swim that close to me in such clear water. I didn't get a picture of it but here are some shots I took.

The fog eventually lifted and it tuned out beautiful. I got some pix of a stump, be careful of that! A startfish, not very good, and a ray, also not very good. I should probobly read the instructions on it to get some tips on underwater photos. The flash seems to cach all the particles and none of the background.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it for Christmas, it's an Olympus 770sw. It's an amazing little camera, waterproof to 33 feet, shockproof, freeze proof and crushproof. Now if I could get a cell phone to do the same.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've got the step down from that one, only submersible to 10 feet. I LOVE IT. If you go to the scene settings there are specific underwater settings. That might help a bit.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I looked into that it's not quad band and I need something that works overseas. That is a cool phone though! I might even swap cell providers and use that when just when I'm home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts