Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
3 ton would make a difference here I bet. On top of that, the temperature split between return and supply is about 15, which I think sucks for a brand new system. This evening, since 3pm, it ran for over an hour and was off for about 20-25 minutes before kicking on again for another hour. Contacted builder, he said they'll forward the info to the AC sub...

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
3 ton would make a difference here I bet. On top of that, the temperature split between return and supply is about 15, which I think sucks for a brand new system. This evening, since 3pm, it ran for over an hour and was off for about 20-25 minutes before kicking on again for another hour. Contacted builder, he said they'll forward the info to the AC sub...
sounds like it may be low on coolant..... a ac system has to run for a while. if their over sized, and dont run long enough, well thats bad too...

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Minor update: insulation guy came out and inspected attic. He found a spot about 2x4' that was flat out missed, plus the chimney space was never done after inspector passed the rest of the house. Apparently inspectors dont like insulation around d the flue pipe so they do that later, just forgot. Work.not done yet but at least its known about.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I am a partner in a spray foam insulation company. I never work in the Pensacola area so I'm not trying to sell you guys on anything. Our rigs primarily run from Fort Walton Beach to Panama City.

If anyone has any questions or needs clarification, don't hesitate to reach out. There are a lot of myths and old information floating around out there about spray foam insulation, Open vs Closed cell, etc.

If I can help with information in any way, just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
View attachment 1046296

·
Gig'em
408 Posts
Is your "warmer" room on the south side of the house? I have one room that juts out from the rest of the house and it stays a few degrees different from the rest of the house. And, he was basically telling you that whatever the avg temp of the entire house is will be a few degrees different in the attic.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Just an FYI on the subject, if you are spray foaming your attic on a new construction house, install a metal roof. The foam will not allow your roof deck to displace any heat. This causes all the heat to stay in your shingles prematurely cooking them. Manufacturer's who offer warranties will not warrant a shingle with spray foam insulation under the roof decking.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts