Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted here a few times. I recently moved here from Washington and don't know many people. I am working on my commercial pilot ratings. I am an FAA ratedpilot and have my own airplane. I am just timebuilding so am offering up the chance for fellow sportsman to go flying. I live in Milton and will take any PFF members flying. We can go for a sightseeing cruise, go somewhere for lunch or dinner, fly somewhere to hunt/fish or whatever. This is absolutely free, no catch. Just a chance for me to share my love of flying with likeminded sportsman. Plane will seat four if needed. Very kid friendly and I have two young sons so if you would like to introduce your child to the skies I am in! PM me if you are interested. The plane is a Piper Cherokee 160 and with the speed mods it cruises around 140mph. Hopefully some of you would like to go flying! JOE

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, thank you for your offer and I don't know as many folks up there as I would like to, but I will tell you I do have a fear of flying. I've flown from here to Asia, and back again. It bugs the everloving crap out of me and I don't know why.

Now with that said, if you can get me over my fear of flying then you can go fishing with me anytime for free! I don't have a big boat, but I know how to fish (well most of the time).

Merry Christmas!

Dave

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
That would be a great offer in the next few months when its cobia season....site fishing from a plane and radio to a boat where the fish are.....just a thought....:doh

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Man what an offer! Too bad I'm up in Knoxville, I'd love to take you up on a nice flight.

You might hook up with some of the offshore guys around tournament time and help them locate the tuna and big girls offshore. Don't know how close you would need to be to the water to see but I know the commercial guys use planes all the time to find schools of tuna. I'm sure many would be happy to take you fishing in exchange for such a money and time saving service.

Anyone wanting to go tuna fishing in the next few weeks might want to take a nice sightseeing tour over the gulf and save some fuel!

·
Registered
93 Posts
ironman172 (12/24/2007)That would be a great offer in the next few months when its cobia season....site fishing from a plane and radio to a boat where the fish are.....just a thought....:doh
Yeah, that would take all the fun out of the hunt. Great thought!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
that lil' 160 would be a nice ride for someone just wanting to get a view. Too bad you're not instructor rated.....you could help out somebody needing hours. Is it instrument rated too? I've done a few annuals on those years ago.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Joe.. welcome again....

my oldest maybe taking you up on that offer.. he loves to fly.. was in CAP for acouple years and enjoyed flying... at the time he was the only 14 year old, only kid i knew who could drive a boat, a car and fly a plane... He is 17 now and its been acouple years since he has been in a plane... I told him about your post and is drolling.... so if you get a PM from pokerfisher he is my son...

i know your not offering for lesson's just flying and that is all he wants. He loves to be in the air...

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND SAFE NEW YEAR..

·
Banned
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, flying out of Milton. Are you out of there also? I am right by the fuel tanks. N5467W is the tail. Just got the plane, new glass is on order and I should be good to go.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would love to help you build your hours, I have about 400 hrs and need to have a reason to get current. Have several hundred hours in a 160 and 180, also a 6-300. have an friend/commercial pilot/instructor,that lives close to 15J. Give me a call and we can talk. 850-292-9930, only have a 20' wellcraft but you are welcome to enjoy it when we go.. it has been in the rebuild mode all summer so it is due to spend time on the water this year... Don

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
If you came across this thread because of a search of the tail number n5467w which is the tail number of a piper cherokee pa-28 160 owned by 38bat (joe) of milton, fl (which is currently for sale on ebay).....please click on the bottom of this post and read about how the owner of this aircraft stole from a child with cancer

http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Topic244547-3-3.aspx#bottom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts