Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my down time the past few days I have been playing with all the goodies I bought at Lost Key over the past few months. I have some 150# flouro leader that I am making up some trolling rigs with. I have seen alot of talk on knots and various ways to rig trolling lures and my question is this, Is it a good idea or a bad idea to crimp flourocarbon. I have some alluminum crimps that I can use. I just dont want to go make up 15 or 20 of these and someone say, "hey stupid you cant do that".

As always thanks for all input. This site has helped me tremendously. BTW happy new year to all!

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Your gonna use flourocarbon for your trolling lures? Not saying it's a bad thing but normally it's a little pricey to use for trolling but I'm sure you got a good enough deal from Steve to use it. As far as #150,I would probably just use it for smaller lures like rattle jets,tuna tangos and the like. Don't really care too much for those aluminum sleeves either but if your gonna use'em make sure to take a soldering iron or hot screwdriver and melt the tag end of the line after cutting it by the sleeve. This will ensure the line doesn't pull out of the crimp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts