Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on now some body has to went gigging by now. been sitting on ready for 6 weeks.been getting good reports from rod & reel fishermen.hope to go soon.all that water from the mississippi river got it real dirty over here

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I just havent been. I hole to spearfish for some next week at predido pass jettys cause Ill be staying down that way.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flounder are thicker than ticks on a old hound dog this year. just can't see em to stickem. rod and reel fishermen are still doing real good. with the spillway open it's going to be muddy for a while. might clear up by oct.-nov. report back when i go!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have been a couple of times this year and gigged a limit each time.
Fish seem to be bigger and more plentiful this year so far.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’ve yet to see a limit gigged in Fl. Haven’t been this year though. I don’t want your hole but what particular body of water are you finding them in?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm in south MS.with the spillway water coming thru here making it to muddy to gig.couple friends still catching them on rod&reel 10-15 a day. almost every day.so they are here just can't see em to gig em

·
Registered
83 Posts
i'm in south MS.with the spillway water coming thru here making it to muddy to gig.couple friends still catching them on rod&reel 10-15 a day. almost every day.so they are here just can't see em to gig em
. What bait and setup are they using. I like gigging but the other half prefers rod and reel...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts