1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Great catch, crab filled baked flounder. YUM

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have never caught flounder in the pass. What kind of rig did you use and do you fish the middle or the jetties?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I indeed catch flounder in the pass between the getties. I normally use a one ounce or two ounce slip lead (depends on the current) above the swivel with different kind of hooks. I've used 1/0, 2/0, circle hooks, really a variety. I normally drift until I catch one, then try to concentrate in that area.It seems like the flounder usually hang out in bunches. The key is knowing for sure your on the bottom and working the bait back to you slowly. Eventually you can tellif you have a flounder,dead weight or a hang up. A tale tale sign of a for sure flounder is normally one distinct bump. It takes a lot of patience but sure is rewarding when you land one.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Impossible!! No way you could have caught that many flounders around Pensacola!! They only exist in those number in Alabama.

Just kidding. :) Great catch!!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Death From Above (6/2/2009)Impossible!! No way you could have caught that many flounders around Pensacola!! They only exist in those number in Alabama.

Just kidding. :) Great catch!!

aint no flounder over here!:letsdrink

nice catch and i agree with you. when i dive, when you see flounder, 9 times out of 10 there are congregated in one certain area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts