Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one had a post wanting to see some pictures of every ones flounder lights, I just got around to taking some.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Midnight Rider (10/3/2007)Very nice. Who built the bracket for you? The guy in Gulf Breeze??? ><(((*>
The guy at Northwest floridamarine on highway 29.... Take the two bolts out on each bracket and bracket and lights come off and it still looks factory

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Death From Above (10/3/2007)I like it. Is that a Carolina Skiff? How shallow can you get?

DFA
Yeah, It's a carolina skiff. I can get in ankle deep water with no problem.They will float in spit.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
How much was the cost for them to do it?? Did you have to leave your boat ??Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
parrothead (10/3/2007)How much was the cost for them to do it?? Did you have to leave your boat ??Thanks

Scott

Scott from amstaff/solutia ?? Cant remember what I paid. I think it was around $50.00. I left my boat but it only took him about half a day to get to it and do it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks like a great set up. Do your lights and trolling motor get in the way off seeing and gigging fish. I like a clean deck on the front with the trolling motor on the back with a foot push button.

Different strokes for different folks

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Frayed Knot (10/4/2007)Looks like a great set up. Do your lights and trolling motor get in the way off seeing and gigging fish. I like a clean deck on the front with the trolling motor on the back with a foot push button.

Different strokes for different folks

This setup works very well. I want to build a custom basket to mount to the TM head unit. It will hold 2 beers in Koozys. :)

Nothing is in the way on this setup.

A transom mounted trolling motor is a lot harder to steer and the maneuverability with the forward TM beats it hands down.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This setup works very well. I want to build a custom basket to mount to the TM head unit. It will hold 2 beers in Koozys. :)

Nothing is in the way on this setup.

A transom mounted trolling motor is a lot harder to steer and the maneuverability with the forward TM beats it hands down.

[/quote]

I wish you would get to building. I am tired of spilling my beer from sitting it on top of the t/m.:)

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I think I have a mockup model here now to build it with. :)

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
nice set up man. when you going again joel?...

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I wish you would get to building. I am tired of spilling my beer from sitting it on top of the t/m. [Smile]

The prototype is ready. :)

It could use some refinement, such as some small bungee cords to hold it on. The Folgers containers could be changed to a container that is a little stiffer plastic. I've got maybe 45min in coming up with this and no money in it, just stuff laying around.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
X-Shark (10/5/2007)
I wish you would get to building. I am tired of spilling my beer from sitting it on top of the t/m. [Smile]

The prototype is ready. :)

It could use some refinement, such as some small bungee cords to hold it on. The Folgers containers could be changed to a container that is a little stiffer plastic. I've got maybe 45min in coming up with this and no money in it, just stuff laying around.

A little Duct Tape and your good to go :)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Oh yeah, gotta have somewhere to put a cold one!!! i need to rig up something for my boat. setting them on the front is fine when your not catchin anything, but then when one comes along i get excited and end up kicking it over half the time!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts