Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this boat already rigged for flounder earlier this year. Although they work well, the light brackets started to break so I had to remove them.

I would like to replace them with something smaller, possible an LED light bar. The previous owner did a great job setting up the power (2 X batteries and a charger). Any suggestions on where to get the lights?

Also the old lights are still functional so I am willing to sell them if anyone is interested.

Thanks

John

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone make there own...I’m currently trying to combine a few 50w led chips for a wading light

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,447 Posts
I use a 20" lightbar mounted on the front. I use two 4" c-clamps and cut slits in them for the bracket to slide in. I put plastic bottle caps over the c-clamp screw-end (to protect the fiberglass). I have a 24" led bar I've mounted to pvc to submerge it.
They work good. I should probably post a pic or two, I'm sure I've lost a few of you on how I did it.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Looks like some red in them, not cool white, what did you go with for color?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like some red in them, not cool white, what did you go with for color?
They are 3500K...I looked for something whiter but couldn’t find it in a 50w 12v chip.. I reckon they will work better in murky water than crystal clear

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I think you’ll like that, too white and it is garbage in anything but crystal clear water, I was looking at doing something similar, but going with two similar to yours and one in the green range, I hear good things about green for spotting fish.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,447 Posts
Why would 12 gauge wire be too big? I'd do 12 gauge over 16 or 18 gauge. 12 will carry better flow/current and generate less heat than the 16 or 18.

·
Registered
134 Posts
do you hook straight to12 VOLT battery and checked with a meter to see how many watts you are getting volts x ma
They are 3500K...I looked for something whiter but couldn’t find it in a 50w 12v chip.. I reckon they will work better in murky water than crystal clear

1 - 15 of 15 Posts