Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying the 12 volt set up a few weeksback and having not a such great result ....I just had to try the 110 v this time....why not.... Rigging for flounder turned out to be a challenge soI just had to.... and this is whatI came up with.

So I got me all this lights actually a 5th one (not pictured) that goes center total 1,700 crazy watts almost boiling the water in front of the boat.... (I got this idea from a forum member here that had the same wattage) only thingI needed was a generetor ....so borrowed one to see/hear what it was like. Man,that thing wastoo lound thatI was so glad I tookthe earmuff with methat onenight... First time for me...too much noise.... not my style for floundering that's for sure, but that's me. The set upput out somegreat light ..could see very well don't get me wrong. It was just the noise that didn't feel quite right. But if there is a generator quite enough below 50 db and produce at least 2000 + constant..I may dig on it. this generatorI got was at least @70+ db I thihk...and it was loud and fumey ...Thelights I got were from wallmart....they worked great, had handles and all which made iteasy to put/hung on...and had an on/off switch...allI had to do was plug it in..used a 12gauge extension cord (two 13' long)

Bottom lineis I'm sticking (the flounder) with 12v. if I ever try it agian.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they were 500 watts I changed the bulbs . I bought 300 watts bulbs (2 for 6 or 8bucksI think I paid)...so :

4 lights @300w( 1200w) +1 [email protected] +1700 watts.

Generator run @1800 constant...max of 2350 I think.

I have to check on the Hondas one day...1000 bucks will get me a lotta flounder ...if you know what I mean....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.