Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've watched a lot of his Utube post and I never have the luck (skill) that he has. I have everything but the gulp shrimp so I am going to try this tomorrow if weather permits. Havent seen this one thanks for posting.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Lol, I use that same rig on days with heavier surf and usually do pretty good with it.

Bear in mind guys, this is in the NE, not the gulf coast, but the principles are the same. He was working the rod almost exactly like I do but a little bit faster. That's the advantage of the two lure combo. The buck tail is heavy and keeps your rig on the bottom at higher retrieve rates.

I actually described this same rig in one of my posts from June I believe. Just make sure you use a heavy enough leader for this rig. If a bluefish or ladyfish hits the plastic up high he will break off both lures if you are rigged too light. I use 30-40lb fluoro for mine.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I was hoping Chris would weigh in on that video. It seemed similar to what he has been talking about in his reports.Somebody ought to get him a go pro.No more having to type out a report,just post a video.
I have been using that rig for quite some time now.very versatile and when tied in 30lb flouro, very strong.
thanks for posting that video

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Jim, I plan on making some short vids this fall. I say plan, because that doesn't mean I'll follow through lol!

·
Registered
228 Posts
man i will volunteer to record you in HD. like a fishing caddy so to speak; but instead of giving you advice i will be able to learn from someone who makes it seem easy....ill even buy a drone camera if it helps. you can have the youtube money i just want on the fish...lol

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
Hey Chris are the flounder still in the surf?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still looking for the weight that you use. I would also like to see pictures of the surf while fishing.
What tides are you fishing ?? Incoming or out going.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I want to get in on these beach flounder. I have places over in Mobile where I catch them a lot (not along the beach), but haven't found them here in Pensacola.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I primarily fish the incoming tide and don't mind a little surf action. Too much and it makes it very hard to maintain good bottom contact. If the rig or lure stays above bottom a little, it's ok, but when it's just "trolling" with high current and waves it's very ineffective. That's when I will use the bucktail/dropper method with a 3/4-1oz bucktail.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Those dual rigs are pretty effective. In Louisiana that's how a lot of people rig for Speckled Trout using two jig heads with their favorite plastics baits mounted.
They can be very effective but if the blues and ladyfish are bad, they will be counter productive. I still prefer the single lure rig for surf Flounder here, but the two jig combo really shines when the fishing is slow or its rough/dirty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts