Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Semper Fi
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lived in Fl. for a long time and never been gigging. (but I have eaten my share of those good tasteing little buggers)
I sure need to know all I can to try without stabbing my foot .
What gear I'll need and if it's covered under my DAV licensens .
Is there a book I can start with and if anyone knows the good spots
to try without a boat over here in PC . Heck I don't even know if there is a season .
Any Ideas ..
Jopa

·
Semper Fi
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
only one guy sent a suggestion .(Thank You)
So I'll do it without the help I was seeking from all the gossip mongrels that just scratch each others egos around the site .

·
Semper Fi
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You bamafan at least you recognize I'm here
I to am a bama fan
jopa
Semper Fi

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Jopa, Just PMd you. I have Flounder wading rigs.

·
Semper Fi
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry missed the PM some how try again if you would .

·
Registered
791 Posts
+++++1 on Sealarks lights. I've seen them in action and second to none. Any questions I can answer on equipment, here to help. I would go to GCFC and read old post, a wealth of knowledge.blamajack on GCFC is from Panama City.

·
Registered
806 Posts
best advise i can give u get u a lighting setup a gig a pole and go try it off the top of my head i would recomend a starfire (or build your own) light it should run u around 40$ get a motercycle or atv batery should run around 60$ dont get the cheapest or u will be upgrading within months then u need a charger 40$ or less most fishermen have one of some sort then u need a gig and pole that will run u around 15$ get a 4 prong gig from halfhitch u can spend 50$ on a nice coustom gighead but i have yet to see why
as far as where to go in pc never tryed it there, now the fish should be on the verge of moving twords the gulf to spawn so u will want to check chanel areas that will lead twords the pass look for the fish in 1 to 3 ft of water near the shorline another month u will want to check the passes good luck
but like i said u have to go and it will take 2 nights a week if not more for months to figure it out and the nights to go are the ones where we have a coldfront and 25mph north winds, o and 1 more thing u will need is a backpack for your batery

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
only one guy sent a suggestion .(Thank You)
So I'll do it without the help I was seeking from all the gossip mongrels that just scratch each others egos around the site .
With that attitude i didnt expect as much advise as you got.....give your post a few days before you start calling names...after all your the one who asked for help

·
Registered
791 Posts
Southern folks forgive easy and help when they can., unless you're an Obama fan and then we wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I used to gig the daylights out of them when I lived in Panama City. Back side of Deep Water point, back side of Shell Island, East Bay behind the park, West bay anywhere around the docks near Pretty Bayou all the way up into southport. You can also head west to the 331 bridge. Depending on wind direction, but I always had more luck on the South side, east of the bridge. I'm starting over here in Mobile and haven't gone much and haven't had much success the few times I've gone. But hoping to change that sometime soon though I do pretty well catching them on a rod n reel over here...

·
Semper Fi
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Ruger
I have found lights for a boat and a stainless 4 prong gig all for under $30
I don't know how well my technique will be but I do have a pair of old steel toed tennis shoes for when I get a hand held light and go wading around
Then I have to learn how to clean and cook the flat little suckers.
They sure look ugly before they end up on a plater .
jopa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts