Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a bad ass flounder rig. This weekend we hit up some flats (windy as a chili cookoff) and put two nice ones in the box. But didn't see many others.

So not being schooled in this giggin stuff, are we early? Late? When should we see them doormats?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Really hasn't been good in the past few years. Real hit and miss. Some night you can get 50 to 100 pounds and the next night you might get 1 fish

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you are in the area where you can find them or should I say you have any than you should be able to gig for at least 10 months of the year..
I have found them into Dec. but I want do colder weather .

·
Registered
77 Posts
just move around till you find'em.i come to believe you can't figure a flounder out.sometimes you go the water is dirty and gig 15-20 and go the next night water is clear and can see where ever you look and not see sh$t.just got to go every chance you get

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Trying to figure the giggin stuff out. Man I do love that broiled whole flounder!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
I was tempted going last night, but there was a neap tide going on. I've really only fished a neap a time or 2 by accident (not checking tidesb4 going), and didn't catch diddly.
But I was thinking it may not matter to flounder since they're just going to lay there, eating or not. And after talking to 2 friends, they talked me out of going.
Said the flounder will know the tides will be in neap, so they'll stay out in deep water. Is this right? Anyone ever loaded up on flounder during a neap tide?

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All my tides have been "Nope tides" lately. This past Saturday we saw 1 short flounder in 3 hours. Did gig some monster mullet, and watch flipper crush some reds dammit.

I know why we can't gig redfish. They are soooo stupid. Just lay there.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Are you gigging around your house to the east end of the island?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts