Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,899 Posts
Dang what a day, looked like your son may have out fished you. He certainly has been fishing awhile, easily seen in his posture while handling the rod. I believe he's hooked for life. Great vid and thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The only way I ever seem to find flounder is when I'm targeting something else. Nice job!

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing. Love to see the kids having fun like that.

Reactions: finfever61

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang what a day, looked like your son may have out fished you. He certainly has been fishing awhile, easily seen in his posture while handling the rod. I believe he's hooked for life. Great vid and thanks for posting
My oldest can definitely hold his own. He out fishes all the time
My oldest is definitely getting to where he can hold his own. He loves to fish and it is normally me asking him if he is ready to go in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
looks like a good time there.
this is the second time here I've sean jigs tied to popping corkes. I've pretty much only used live small bait w/ the corks. I may have missed why it's referred to as a popper cork back then that was popping a shrimp just not a artificial.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like a good time there.
this is the second time here I've sean jigs tied to popping corkes. I've pretty much only used live small bait w/ the corks. I may have missed why it's referred to as a popper cork back then that was popping a shrimp just not a artificial.
We use popping corks when we are drifting the flats for trout and redfish. We only pop it when we are fishing with gulps under them. If we are fishing them with live bait we don’t pop them. We didn’t catch any of the flounder the other day on popping corks. All were caught on gulps with a 1/4 ounce jig head. We are definitely not Experts and will try anything to catch fish.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That's a great job. Love seeing kids fishing. Never be afraid to pop the cork. I remember as a kid fishing trying to catch one that turned a flip in front of me. My dad walked over after I couldn't get it to bite and took my rod and started slapping the water. I got mad thinking he was scaring it off. He dropped the bait in the water which was 6ft in front of him and the flounder gabbed it up. I've never forgot that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts