Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ventured out this morning and found the surf lacking in action. The lack of wave action didn't deter me from giving it a good try with a matrix lure. I caught an undersized flounder and had lots of interruptions by the lady fish. Then I hung a 25-30 pound ray and had a line stretching time with him before I had to break him off. Next cast and dinner was inshore bound. A legal flounder that had completely consumed the entire jig head and all. While preparing it for the grill I found the hook had penetrated his stomach...hungry devil. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello

I have been fishing Fort Pickens and caught a lote of Red's, trying for flounder now but am new to the west coast and no luck yet, I heard Chicken Bone beach was good. I am casting a jig with swiming shad with a teaster twister tail above the jig. Can you hive me a head's up if this will work good and where I should try fishing in F.P, would love the info.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Me too

I am casting a jig with swiming shad with a teaster twister tail above , i fish chicken bone beach 4-7 days a week, it has been slow and trying on the Ego, i have played the little bItcgh to grunts, ladyfish, over sized pinfish, baby sharks, and totally mistreated by the wet water all by itself, BUT, we pay our dues in hopes of the big one. i have not seen a catfish in a while, We must count our blessings lol:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts