Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope to see you there. I ususally go near sundown. Last three times I went I caught nothing, but the water and tides are getting much better. Also been seeing some shrimp so things should be heating up soon.

Greg

·
Registered
894 Posts
i enjoy wading and throwing a net more than any other kind of fishing. i go by the last bridge going into pace and usually do pretty good. i cant wait on the shrimp to get in there. its gonna be on! if you see a big black old ford truck thats me. well see yall out there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like to throw up there as well - Bass Hole Cove. I caught some real bull mullet there about a month ago. I do more net fishing also, but I do enjoy kayak fishing when I get a chance to go. It is easy for me to go mullet fishing at the drop of a hat because I keep everything in the back of my RAV - good luck next time you go.

Greg

·
187 Posts
Floridatown

I used to catch mullet there. Been a while. The Andrew Jackson was still there. To catch 10 a throw at the boat ramp blind was nothing. Last time I went (30 years ago) everyone I caught was eat up with red sores on their head. Now days if it wasn't caught in the gulf I leave it alone.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been throwing a net only a little over a year now. I catch a lot of mullet around here and havn't seen any with sores. My wife and I eat fresh mullet about once a week, so I don't have any concerns.

Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts