Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this summer I plan on making a trip like this:

I would like to have several skis and possibly a boat or two making the crossing. I feel like it would be a good time and a fun experience.

Has anyone on here done a trip like this on skis?

I'm not really concerned about the crossing itself, I have made an uncountable volume of voyage plans due to my career path. I know plenty in that aspect (heavy weather avoidance, quarantine entering ports, course to steer, fuel consumption, use of coast pilots and other nav pubs, comms requirements with at least duplicity of communications, etc.)

I do have several questions on doing it on skis though. The majority of my experience is on large ships so that doesn't translate well lol. I've owned several boats as well but I feel the skis will be largely different even from that.

If anyone has made a long trip like this on skis, I would love to hear some input!
My thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Here's another good set Blain, I enjoyed watching all of them. Keep in mind you're going to want to leave tomorrow after watching though.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know of 2 Airboat’s that made the trip to Freeport. I’ve heard of a waverunner club that crosses a few times a year. I’ve made it to marsh harbor a few times in 60 footers. The weather is sometimes unforgiving.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It does look like fun.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know of 2 Airboat’s that made the trip to Freeport. I’ve heard of a waverunner club that crosses a few times a year. I’ve made it to marsh harbor a few times in 60 footers. The weather is sometimes unforgiving.
Yeah, I would like to get with some people who have done it in skis.

Should be fun, maybe make a few days to a week of it while over there, whatever the weather will permit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts