Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I would swear that a panther crossed Sorrento Rd just west of Night Hawk Trail one night last year when I was on my way home at 10pm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
fl panthers

never seen one but heard they are(were) around they say there used to be one in south walton county in seagrove also a roommate told me he heard one off hwy 393 west(1984) of the old navy landing strip which is now solar farm
i was walking early 1 am going to 98 and something was in the bushes on the north side of the road& when i stopped whatever it was stopped i could hear it but never saw anything i was scared but defeneless no weapon no nuthin
there could have one or more out there before alot of people moved there but you dont never know whats out there

·
Registered
20 Posts
fl panthers

also a christian lady said " a neckless" motorcyclerider passed her one night coming from church in holley also on hwy 393 but that sounds a little far fetched but the panther story is more truthful My neigbor from alabama said he saw one a few months back while cutting hay deep in the woods somewhere around coffee springs

·
Apex
1,354 Posts
also a christian lady said " a neckless" motorcyclerider passed her one night coming from church in holley also on hwy 393 but that sounds a little far fetched but the panther story is more truthful My neigbor from alabama said he saw one a few months back while cutting hay deep in the woods somewhere around coffee springs
If it sounds like a woman screaming it’s probably a panther. They’re here, few and far between, but we just won’t ever have the luxury of seeing one.

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
My son and I 30 some years ago were driving to Key West. We just turned onto hwy 41 tammiami trail going across from ft Myers to east coast. A solid black large Florida panther crossed the road in front of us 100 ft away and disappeared in the swamp. Been down that same route almost every year sense then never seen another one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i found this post after searching the internet to see if anyone has ever reported a panther in the avalon/garcon point region. i just spent a few hours going down the youtube mountain lion videos rabbit hole because i remembered when my uncle and i saw one around midnight maybe 5 years ago while driving down n 14th street in avalon to go fish at archie glover boat ramp. it was onside of n 14th st and jumped into the woods like a deer with a 4 ft tail. we were so scared that we turned around and left. of course we told everyone but they think were crazy til this day. i even left a comment on FWC's utube channel to if one has been reported.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would bet anything there are multiple cougars or their floridian cousins in the panhandle. Cougars are well documented to travel hundreds of miles to find open territory and there is plenty of deer and hogs to feed them and plenty of forest to hide in as they travel across the state. For the past 20 years you'd see similar claims about people in the midwest seeing cougars and people would scoff at them, then one would get hit by a car a state or two to the east and suddenly the sighting is validated. Cougar attacks are extremely rare and odds are they will avoid you well before you come close to seeing them. I know outdoorsmen who spend decades in the woods without seeing one.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts