Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening folks,

I'm getting ready to head down to the Keys next week and I want to know if there is a fishing forum similar to this one that covers Islamorada and the local area there. Just trying to get an idea of what tackle to take, colors, patterns, etc.

·
Registered
486 Posts
How about FL keys on a budget forum? I love the place. If I ever win the lottery I will have a place there. It is just kinda pricey.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Florida sportsman forum is your best best. I lived in key largo for seven years before I moved back. If you have any specific questions about the keys feel free to PM me.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
How about FL keys on a budget forum? I love the place. If I ever win the lottery I will have a place there. It is just kinda pricey.
It can be a very inexpensive trip as long as you "dig" and find the right accommodations and decide the main goal of the trip. I've made some great trips to the keys on a pretty modest budget.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,282 Posts
If you are retired military there are Coast Guard cabins in Marathon, lots of Navy places in Key West.

Not "cheap", but a lot more affordable...

Jim

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Haha on a budget is right!
I see in your profile Military. Key west has a very large RV, Campgrounds and rental cottages, trailers and houses for rent. Very reasonable. the Coast guard in Marathon has very few places and stay booked. There is always something in Key West plus an exchange commissary and Marina with rentals. Look up Key West military on Google for any numbers to the facility's :thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, sounds like some options! Fortunately the accommodations are taken care of for this trip. With some tips and tricks for fishing the local waters I'll be set!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Awesome, sounds like some options! Fortunately the accommodations are taken care of for this trip. With some tips and tricks for fishing the local waters I'll be set!
Where are you staying and do you have a boat?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where are you staying and do you have a boat?
The in laws sprung for a vacation house, not sure where in Tavernier specifically. The house is right on the water. No boat, but the house comes with some kayaks and paddle boards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts