Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No doubt the numbers of new cases are increasing, but I find it odd that the graph is cyclical every week. Why are there less new cases at the beginning of the week and more at the end? Anyone have any insight on this? I wonder if less people tend to get tested at the beginning of the week or if they release a bulk of the positive results at the end of the week. Not trying to start a debate on what is causing the numbers to increase, but i'm genuinely curious why the graph of new cases follows the same cycle almost every week.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Probably a lull in reporting/ testing from the weekend. Most states have had similar reporting patterns. It had more to do with data input than actual infection numbers.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Why is nobody noticing that we are now focused on the number of "Cases", rather than "Deaths" related to Covid? It's simple, the death rate continues to drop, and is less than -4%. In order to make things appear far more dire, the Media and Left are pushing the "surge" in Cases. Well, if you are testing MORE people, even if the Rate of Infection is the same, you will have a larger number. The "spin" and manipulation of the data by the Media and the Dimm-o-Crats is sickening, blatant and consistent.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The media is going to hype for sure. Having said that, Florida's death statistics are heavily massaged. They are not counting retirement home deaths and there are over 4000 more pneumonia deaths so far this year than the normal annual average. What mysterious virus that causes death by pneumonia started going around this year?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Why is nobody noticing that we are now focused on the number of "Cases", rather than "Deaths" related to Covid? It's simple, the death rate continues to drop, and is less than -4%. In order to make things appear far more dire, the Media and Left are pushing the "surge" in Cases. Well, if you are testing MORE people, even if the Rate of Infection is the same, you will have a larger number. The "spin" and manipulation of the data by the Media and the Dimm-o-Crats is sickening, blatant and consistent.
On the reporting site, it states that the death numbers for the past two weeks get revised often. It takes 3-4 weeks, generally, between date of diagnosis and death. So if you look at the number of deaths on the bar graph, say, two weeks ago, and compare that to the reported number of infections on the bar graph, say, 6 weeks ago, you'll see that the death rate hasn't gone down. It has just been obscured by the rapidly increasing number of infections and the lag in the way that the state is reporting deaths.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I seen a graph today with the latest cases VS deaths Covid in Florida has a 1.7% fatality rate!

·
Premium Member
9,628 Posts
Y’all mean were still dying?
I quit watching.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Escambia county

Total Positive: 4,374

New cases since yesterday: 189

Total Deaths: 57
New deaths since yesterday: 1

Healthcare for cases:
- Admitted to ER: 368 (9%)

• Admitted to Hospital (in-patient): 186 (5%)
  • Died: 57 (1.30%)
Deaths in long-term care facilities: 37
Deaths in state prisons 0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts