Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Flats boat question

12K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  ted-hurst 
#1 ·
What is the best flats/bay boat do you guys think one could get under 20000?
Used or new don't matter I know it depends on every individual. I want to know what your opinions are ?
thanks

#7 ·
Eod what power do you have on that 16?
I usually fish 2-3 Max. .

I know there is compromise with any boat is there any that are capable of fishing fairly shallow but still able to fish the pass and a couple miles out? I know it expieriance and weather will be a determining factor ..

#11 ·
It's pretty hard to find a used one but I love my Canyon Bay 2150. My boat is no longer under production but you can find one every now and then. I found mine in New Orleans and I paid less than $20000. I've owned a Cape Bay series and a Pathfinder but the Canyon Bay has been my favorite boat. It has tons of deck space and handles the bay chop in this area really well.

The Maverick and Hewes boats are also great. Look on Craigslist and if you are willing to travel you can get a really good deal. There are tons of used ones in south Florida.

The Ranger Cayman looks like a pretty sweet boat. FSU Alex recently bought one and I'm pretty sure he paid less than $20000.

#13 ·
dabutcher said:
It's pretty hard to find a used one but I love my Canyon Bay 2150. My boat is no longer under production but you can find one every now and then. I found mine in New Orleans and I paid less than $20000. I've owned a Cape Bay series and a Pathfinder but the Canyon Bay has been my favorite boat. It has tons of deck space and handles the bay chop in this area really well.

The Maverick and Hewes boats are also great. Look on Craigslist and if you are willing to travel you can get a really good deal. There are tons of used ones in south Florida.

The Ranger Cayman looks like a pretty sweet boat. FSU Alex recently bought one and I'm pretty sure he paid less than $20000.
Is your canyon bay capable of fishing a couple miles out or is it strickly a flats boat..?

#29 ·
I bought my son a used Key West 1720 last year. Very nice boat and built good. It's a 1996 and everything works but the factory wiring is not tinned wire. They come pre wired for a 12v trolling motor. Not much room for extra batteries. You also have to put ping pong ball scuppers on them b/c the transom sits very low.

#33 ·
I know there is a for sale section but my cousin won in a redfish tournament a 2011 or 2012 Ranger 16ft Banshee Extreme with a Yamaha 60hp 4-stroke, Power Pole, Humminbird GPS/Fishfinder, Minnkota trolling motor and I think he wants $19k for it. It's brand new and never been in the water. He is sponsored by Ranger and just turned in his Cayman for a new boat. From what I've seen these look pretty cool with the raised seating but I needed room for 4 so I passed on it. If anyone's interested I'll give you his number.

Ted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.