Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you want a true flats boat, look at a Gheenoe. Great flats boat, floats in inches of water and a 16 footer is usually powered by 15. Mine ran at 32 mph on the gps.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Look at the Key West 1720. Floats in < 1' of water fully loaded with enough dead rise and v in the hull to cut through the chop. They are unsinkable and have a self bailing design. From the grass flats to the gulf of Mexico.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,039 Posts
I bought my son a used Key West 1720 last year. Very nice boat and built good. It's a 1996 and everything works but the factory wiring is not tinned wire. They come pre wired for a 12v trolling motor. Not much room for extra batteries. You also have to put ping pong ball scuppers on them b/c the transom sits very low.

·
Registered
361 Posts
give me about 5 min to type it up and ill send you a pm
Fisheye Although I respect your desicion to keep this dirty laundry private please share as I almost bought one.

Ox I curently have a Century 2202IS and have used it in 10" of water and in the gulf and love it.(only downside is small gunnel rod storage)They
were recently purchased by Allcraft Marine in Dade City,Fl so when they start the inshore series up again check it out.

·
218 Posts
I would like to read the story about Blazer also. I try to support local people but I don't want make a mistake.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I know there is a for sale section but my cousin won in a redfish tournament a 2011 or 2012 Ranger 16ft Banshee Extreme with a Yamaha 60hp 4-stroke, Power Pole, Humminbird GPS/Fishfinder, Minnkota trolling motor and I think he wants $19k for it. It's brand new and never been in the water. He is sponsored by Ranger and just turned in his Cayman for a new boat. From what I've seen these look pretty cool with the raised seating but I needed room for 4 so I passed on it. If anyone's interested I'll give you his number.

Ted

21 - 33 of 33 Posts