Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left boggypoint early. we were 23 miles out when the sun came up. fished the edge and some yellow gravel numbers i got off PFF. it was strange today we marked fish everywhere we went butnothing legal would eat. caught grouper, snapper and small amberjack's all day but we were hoping for mingo and aj"S ( the legal ones). we did manage to bring back 5 mingo's. i don't think i've ever caught good when the water is flat. still a very beautiful day to be on the water. watching the sun come up i had to think God for letting me be there. no pictures. i think everybody knows how pittiful a picture looks of 5 mingos:doh

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
You are going to have days like that occasionally.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Joey Next time you and your crew are out in the yellow gravel area. Catch a large live bait and send it back down about twenty feet from the bottom. Hold on for you will be in for a ride of your life this time of year. It was good that you got offshore . Every time you go you will build on the last experience. Start a journal and put down what each trip was like. Air temp offshore ,water temp, where you were at. And last what did you catch or not catch that day. You will start to see a pattern. And after a while, you will be able to pick what kind of fish you want to catch that day and where you are going to do it at. Thanks for your post . I learn something from it and have it in my journal now. We try and learn from every fishing trip posted here. Gene

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
PURPLE HAZE (3/7/2010)Joey Next time you and your crew are out in the yellow gravel area. Catch a large live bait and send it back down about twenty feet from the bottom. Hold on for you will be in for a ride of your life this time of year. It was good that you got offshore . Every time you go you will build on the last experience. Start a journal and put down what each trip was like. Air temp offshore ,water temp, where you were at. And last what did you catch or not catch that day. You will start to see a pattern. And after a while, you will be able to pick what kind of fish you want to catch that day and where you are going to do it at. Thanks for your post . I learn something from it and have it in my journal now. We try and learn from every fishing trip posted here. Gene
Great advice for everyone. Logging post's is the next best thing to being there I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts