Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting in Alabama for the last 20 years and understand their state law relating to antler and antlerless deer. it is either antler or antlerless. it can not go both ways. however i do not understand Florida state law. can someone explain in detail.

1. i undertand on antler days a buck must have one antler five inches in length. therefore i assume if in possession a deer with less than five inches would be an illegal deer and also a antlerless deer would be illegal resulting in a fine.

2. on antlerless days or with antlerless permits is a buck with less than five inches still illegal if in possession?

thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My question is: what is the definition of antlerless deer in the state of Florida?

in the state of Alabama it is as follows: no visible antler above the hairline.

is Florida no visible antler above the hairline or less than five inches.

i think it is less than five inches, because deer of either sex (except spotted fawns) are legal on antlerless days.

i may have answered my question.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,496 Posts
James is right, but once again w/ Florida's infinite wisdom.....there are no anterless deer day (doe days) on state or federal lands...this only pertains to private properties....If we all gripe enough maybe Florida will get some sort of management:banghead Then instead of Florida hunters going elsewhere and spending their $$$ elsewhere more folks will spend their $$$ here....THAT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE THOUGH:doh:doh:doh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts