Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about planning a vacation for the opening week of lobstering season in the Florid Keys. I'm looking for ideas on where to stay and areas to go. Will need a place to sleep 6 for the week. I will look up a charter when I get there or will plan it ahead if y'all have any advice on one. I don't plan on taking the boat that far. Any info is appreciated. I have done this before about 6 years ago but it was with a friend and we just jumped over the side by their time share.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Book your room last year he means....

I was down there about Feb. 4 and it was a mad crowd then. Most places 20 miles either side of Marathon are gone or under reconstruction so KW is packed.

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
Still recovering from Irma down there. The middle keys took a hard hit. Upper keys and Key West are better off

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Don't go without a boat, you don't want all your eggs in one basket with one charter captain and the weather to worry about, you want to be able to be on the water as much as possible while you are there.

Reactions: Baitsoaker

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't try any lower then Marathon. Take your boat if you can. If you plan to fish at all for tarpon, buy your crabs in Homestead, otherwise it's triple or more in islamorada. Expect all the restaurants to be slow in service. Lots of the folks in service industry aren't back yet since the Hurricane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts