Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have sold the Irish Blessing 36ft Hunter sailboat. Now I am looking at fishing boats (center console/cuddy cabin/walk around 18-22ft and also something to pull it. I am looking at the Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 with 5000lb towing capacity. Will it tow center console/ cuddy cabin/walk around 18-22ft? Thanks in advance
Tony

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Make sure you test drive one and see that you're happy with the visibility the windows give you, especially picture it with a boat taking up much of your rear-view mirror (ie, pay attention to your side mirrors).

I really liked the FJ Cruiser till I got in one and test drove it. I didn't like the visibility, and ended up buying a 4Runner. I have loved my 4Runner and I tow an 18ft Sea Pro 180cc with it without problems.

Good luck!

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
I tow my kubota B7800 with front end loaded and bush hog with no problem at all. it does everything well however you do need to get use to poor visibility backing up and the roof goes so far forward that you can not see red lights when stop right up on them. on the plus side that is a metal roof over your head 2 feet in front of you doing that.
love mine and plan on keeping it for at least 15 years or 200,000 miles before I consider selling it.
It also holds it value better than any vehicle out there bar none
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012...s-with-highest-resale-value/?intcmp=obnetwork

1 - 6 of 6 Posts