Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just want to ask this ? Bc Of All The Negative post about we will Never recover from this!!! I for One Fish For the Sport Of It!!!! If I,m Having a Great Time with Friends Or Family on the water than I,m Happy I Don't Need a Cooler full of Fish To Say I had a Great Time, To Me It's All About the Company I,m With!!!! We all Fish in the winter when Snapper & Grouper are Closed But Does That Keep us from Going NO!! we Still Go and Try and Have a Good Time Isn't That what It Is about!! Yes I love to Eat Fish, But It's not my Main Reason for going Fishing, Just BC we Have Closed area,s does not mean we Can't Fish It Just Means We Can't Keep Fish So What, If Fishing Means NOTHING TO YOU BUT KEEPING FISH TO EAT Then Go to a Local Seafood Dealer, It's Cheaper !! Bash Me If You Want ButI will always Have HOPE MR BOSTON!!!!! If It wasn't for Hope & Prayer I Believe My DAD Would Not Have Lived his Last 15 Years with CANCER,!!!!!!! IHOPE You Never Have To Deal With It ,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
It is my "sport" of choice...keep or not...catch or not...it's something I enjoy doing and as long as there is water to fish in I will keep doing it. It's hard to break a lifelong habit.

·
Banned
257 Posts
I sold my last boat 8 months ago, and I do mean the last boat I will ever own. I haven't touched my rods since except to move them out of the way when I needed to.

So what doesfishing mean to me -a lot of really good memories and noregrets for my decision to hang up the rods and tackle.

I now take pleasure in having left a legacy for my kids, grandkids, and my 2 year old great grand daughter who recently caught her first fish. That one 5 inch bream is more important than any fish I ever caught.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the best time when I go fishing with my wife - we both love to fish. She wants to bring something home to eat but it is not the end of the world if she does not. This last Sunday we got into a school of small bonito and had a blast. We go for the fun,and time spent together. We will keep fishing and it is fine if it is salt or fresh water.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have an old friend who has been paralyzed from the shoulders down for the last 30+ years. In all that time I have never heard him complain about anything, so whenever I catch myself getting depressed about all this oil crap, I just think of Tom who couldn't fish if his life depended on it and realize what a sorry ungrateful sack-o-dung I am.
Hey all nothing is over till its over so just be thankful for what you got when you got it.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,092 Posts
When I fish by myself I enjoy seeing and hearing all that happens around me that you might not get with somebody else to talk to.

When I'm fishing with a friend I enjoy the BS back and forth, trash-talking, and I enjoy losing at least as much as winning.

I also enjoy a nice keeper, or an unusual or extra big fish.

I'm learning to enjoy getting better (slowly). Walking around the ponds trying to fool a basson the Perdido Bay GC is good for learning.

Jim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love the feel of a rod in my hand and the way my arms hurt after a great day of catching fish, but nothing will ever compare to just driving the boat and putting others on the fish. I took my grandaughter out for the first time, watching her catch her first grey trout, screaming louder than christmas morning made my heart melt with joy. Taking service members out and seeing their faces the first time something grabs hold of a trolling rod and makes that drag scream, seeing their Mahi sky, and the smiles on their faces knowing that their sacrifices are appreciated.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I love that I can never learn it all. Every time I go out, I apply what I know well and try something new throughout the day.I grew up in central Florida and can pretty much find redfish and trout at will and thought I knew it all. Moved up here 6 years ago and feel like a kid learning the inshore and offshore all over again. It just makes me feel great to watch my kids excitement to pull up a fish. I am the ever optimist that this ridiculous situation doesn't spoil the amazing fishery we have in the Panhandle. Never the less, if it does, I will start plans to move to an unaffected area. It means THAT much to me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I enjoy the sunrises on the water the laughter of my fishing buddy when I miss a strike or the jokes we play on each other and the conversations its not about the fish for me its about the wind , the salt smell and the spray of water while cruzin over the water just enjoy the ride the fish is just a plus

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">Fishing is pure pleasure to me; catching fish is a bonus.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I enjoy being on the water and just relaxing and taking it all in whether it?s off shore or up a river.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> If I?m alone or with other people makes no difference to me.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Simply fishing is fun.</p>

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
if i cant fish might as well dump me over the side of the boat with big rock or good bullet. that's what my dad used to tell me. He died less that 4 months later after being told his fishing and hunting days were over.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I don't know if I can answer "What does it mean to you?" as well as I can answer "Why do you do it?" I can watch the water for hours for the chance to get a shot at a fish, make a good presentation, do what I have practiced under the pressure, and watch him eat. After the fish turns and you grab the fly line with your stripping hand and feel it come tight, but before you set the hook, is the moment and the prize. That split second that I can feel himtake itright before I hit him is why I do it. Never gets old for me.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Fishing to me is my way of relaxing and giving myself time to enjoy life. I think of all the little things in life that mean so much to me and having the kids with me is so much fun when they show how much fun they are having. Fishing to me, its always a plus when I can bring home a keeper and it was the species I targeted for the trip, but being with my wife out on the water and back when we'd come into the harbour and tie off, and have a great lunch on the water and return to our riding around and enjoying just being out together on the water.

It is in my blood and I will always love to fish and the oil spill won't keep me off the water, if anything it will have me out on it more to hopefully see the situation improving over the years. Nothing can replace the enjoyment we all get when we are riding around in beautiful emerald water and I sure hope this all gets resolved safely soon.

I have turned my focus on the company I have and the fellowship and jokes when I go fishing now. Its more about life, not just having the cooler full. Sometimes we hit the water and wind up just cruising around and have so much more fun talking and laughing. Life is way too short to let this oil bring us down, keep our heads up and enjoy the company and friends we are with everyday for life can change in a second and there's not a thing we can do about it.

Be safe,

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts