Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday morning two of my sons and I went fishing off Santa Rosa beach with Pat Tarpey of Slow and Low Coastal. This was our first BTB trip and we were excited about the possibilites.

Started off with calm seas and bait breaking. Watched a fin big enough to give me a few shivers move in my direction. Caught some of the bait for later use and then headed out.

Had a great trip. Only got a couple of kings, but the two of them were big enough to feed our group of 15 people. Experienced some heavy rollers and more wind than I would have picked, but that helped bump up my own knowledge of what is possible.

Highly recomend Pat to those of you wanting to experience what is possible on a plastic row boat. He, and his helper Scott, worked hard to provide a great experience. Equipment was good, though cann't say much positive about the seat (I really missed my Native Ultimate seat). Their attention to detail, learning, safety, and fun was greatly appreciated.

If you want to experience a "real" fishing trip, you won't go wrong with him.

We have been coming to the Ft Walton Beach/Destin area for years and never realized how much fishing can be done just off the beach in a boat that cost less than the cost of gas for one of the big boys.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds cool and probably something I need to consider. The_Rookie and I will be down in that area in late July/Aug. both of us have new Yaks but no experience in the gulf. It would be nice to have someone show us the ropes when we trek out for the 1st time.

Care to share the guides contact info or website?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts