21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
My annual camping trip to the mountains got squashed this year sooooooooooo I asked Logan ifin he wanted to go on a fishing trip! We all know that answer.... Well..... I have a few options and don't know which way to go

Option 1 Go back down to Lake Ida fer exotics
Option 2 Lake Okeechobee
Option 3 Venice for some offshore tunas.

Everything I look at just confuses me (yes its that easy).... I had a place I wanted to go in Venice but its a 4 person minimum. Other places make you pick a day and fill out a bunch of crap then wait fer a call. Maybe I should call them instead??? Lake Okeechobee I was told had like cabins on the water and you could tie your boat up to the dock but Ole Rolland Martins website didn't show anything like that???? Gotta jump on it fast July will be here before you know it.... soooooooo those who have done said trips, any ins/outs (except for Lake Ida, I know everything I need to fer it).....

Lets hear it!
Everybody will give their input - but for me I would do Lake Ida, or even better do a Peacock Bass trip in the Everglades canal system. It’s nothing to catch 40 P’s in a day - add in all the cichlids, oscars, maybe tilapia or the occasional bowfin and you will have a full day or days.

Problem will be finding a guide who isn’t booked.

Water Cloud Sky Shorts Vertebrate

·
Super Moderator
30,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've done guided trip in Ida and took my own sled to Ida and definitely caught more fish guided. Last time we took my sled we came back through the everglades and fished the canals off the highway. Probably leaning on Okeechobee and staying on the lake or a canal dumping into the lake.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
My annual camping trip to the mountains got squashed this year sooooooooooo I asked Logan ifin he wanted to go on a fishing trip! We all know that answer.... Well..... I have a few options and don't know which way to go

Option 1 Go back down to Lake Ida fer exotics
Option 2 Lake Okeechobee
Option 3 Venice for some offshore tunas.

Everything I look at just confuses me (yes its that easy).... I had a place I wanted to go in Venice but its a 4 person minimum. Other places make you pick a day and fill out a bunch of crap then wait fer a call. Maybe I should call them instead??? Lake Okeechobee I was told had like cabins on the water and you could tie your boat up to the dock but Ole Rolland Martins website didn't show anything like that???? Gotta jump on it fast July will be here before you know it.... soooooooo those who have done said trips, any ins/outs (except for Lake Ida, I know everything I need to fer it).....

Lets hear it!
Tuna, let me know when and I’ll go !!

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Jason, you just want to get near the 'Glades so you can catch one of those pythons so you can scratch that off your bucket list. Oh, and wearing some gosh-awful looking shirt.

·
Super Moderator
30,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Tuna, let me know when and I’ll go !!
Most of the ones I've seen are 6 max persons and 3K..... If I had 4 other folks and would split the 3K, thats fine but no way am I forking out 3K fer 1 day of fishin!!!!

Jason, you just want to get near the 'Glades so you can catch one of those pythons so you can scratch that off your bucket list. Oh, and wearing some gosh-awful looking shirt.
When we drove through a few years ago I was looking hard.....but since I like snakes, I don't see em as much as folks who are skerid of em!! hahaha

Reactions: Bodupp

·
Super Moderator
30,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Book a trip out of H&M landing in San Diego and go get you some Bluefin !
[/QUOTE]

As long as I breathe, I will never step foot on CA soil!!!! Hate to catch stupidity.....haha

21 - 32 of 32 Posts