Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If You Had the Money to Take a week off of work and go fishing and Invite 3 of your Best Fishing Buddies what Kind Of Fish would you target,? Me And Dad Always wanted to go to the Keys and catch a Bone Fish & Permit on Light Tackle But that Never Happened before he Passed, Where would you Go!!! Thanks Dwayne!! What I meant By Invite Is I will Pay for everything But Their Food and Drinks everything else would be on Me within Reason!!! So with that in Mind where would you want to go!!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I just had mine last sunday!!....every trip in the gulf for me is a trip of a life time...can't wait for the next time:doh....I would love to go to Alaska and fish there for some river fish and halibut

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I too want to take a trip to the Keys and fish! One of these days I'm going to do it and take my boat down there with me!

·
Registered
534 Posts
So many places and so little time-

Costa Rica

Alaska

Scotland or Ireland

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,972 Posts
Halibut - Alaska, Peacock bass - Mexico, Sailfish - Costa....... but then I'm reminded that the trip is mostly the quality of the people you go with. I'm fortunate to have those top-quality people right here in Pensacola! Good friends & family that make every trip enjoyable -- even the trips that lack in quality of fish and/or climate.

So, here's a thanks to our Creator and His brave creations stationed worldwide that are defending our liberty to pursue our love of fishing!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
For me it would have to be Golden Dorado (Salminus maxillosus in Argentina or Paraguay. These fish are the pitbulls of fish and are known to be real tackle busters. After a few days of tangling with them Id like to hop up to Venezuala and fish for the monster peacock bass (Cichla temensis) that can literally eat the little hyrbid peacocks in south Florida. After a couple days of that I would head to Uraima falls also in Venezuala to catch the famous, high flying, fanged vampire fish (Hydrlycus armatus)!

Fishing partners would be my pops and my good friend Brad. After high school the closest weve lived to one another has been about 400mi and we are more than due another stellar fishing trip!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Alaska is some beautiful countryside to see. Sportsman Cove Lodge is a great place to stay, and if you can reserve LR for you captain, he will treat you likea neighbor....he used live in Pace, but moved after Ivan. The chef is from New Orleans and the food is excellent. Ive never made it down south..to the keys or costa...but have always wanted tooooooo.

www.sportsmancovelodge.com

Good luck on whatever you decide.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'd take either of the two:

Venice (which I'm going to do soon) I'd take my boat and do some exploring of the marsh looking for Reds and trout. Then next day go offshore Tuna, Wahoo, whatever else will bite. Then rotate inshore offshore for the full week.

Keys permit, snook, golith, bone, tarpon, sail, dauphin, sails, etc... the varity is what would make that a special trip. Wouldn't be cool to catch at least one of each in a week. Maybe a daytime Swordfish as the cherry on top.

Close third.... My boat at Cabbage Key for a week would be an adventure.

My work day is done. I'll be pricing vacation packages for the rest of the day.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Floundering on a flat night with loads of flounder to stick.Never done it and always wanted to.Dont like to fly so all the other places i would like to fish ill never go to..We can catch the same fish here you can catch anywhere else really.wether you have a 100 lb aj on 20 lb test or 800 lb blue on 80 the fight is the fight.Something about sneaking up on a flattie and stabbin his ass does it for me and i have always wanted to do it

·
Registered
237 Posts
i would take my friends fishing in pensacola because all the people i know down here says all the fish are in panama city and there aint none in pensacola so i would take em there and show em , im supposed to be going to costa rica about december or january with dad and one of his friends so im gonna fish like there aint no tomorrow .

·
Registered
941 Posts
The Great Barrier Reef during Black Marlin Season, I've been dreaming about that trip since '73, one of these days, I got to go, but it takes about 3 weeks to do it right.

One week trip? - Tropic Star...........

I agree witht he company comments, In Feb I was able to share the Guatemala experience with my 2 sons and my uncle....

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I would suggest Venice for an affordable trip- been there, done that. YFT's and marsh reds.

Peacock bass in the Amazon has to be up there.

Great Barrier Reef for black marlin.

Rooster fish would be cool too. Maybe Costa Rica?

Feeding tarpon in Islamorada- soon to be off my list, cuz I'm gonna go.

Goliath grouper anywhere...

Last but not least, and a true dream of mine- dock light specks at my house.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Forgot to say monster tripletail! Anywhere...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts