Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Upgrade?

I like to pull the guts out of 550 paracord and replace it with the mono/weedeater line, then twist & boil it.

Makes for a nice upgrade and seems to take a lot more abuse ( not that 300lb mono can't take abuse)

Peace,
Floridahillbilly

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Man you had to dig deep to find this one.

I made the original post more than 7 years ago.

One consideration when adding the outside braid of parachute (550) cord. You might need to add salt to your cold water to get it as cold as possible to make the mono set in coils.

This one has been read a bunch of times.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Safety advice for lanyards.

Be very careful when attaching lanyards to your person.

There is a code in the Federal Register related to necklaces for carrying ID badges and safety related devices. It specifies breaking strength. Of course, everybody knows not to wear loose clothing around machinery.

I don't know whether I mentioned this in my original post.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Fishing tip # 717. Coiled Safety Lanyard.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">VOL 8-1 Fishing tip # 7XX Coil Keeper<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Here is a super strong safety device you might have a need for. I make them in various lengths and strengths for specific purposes. Need a longer or shorter ?Kill Switch? lanyard? Paddle leash for your yak? How about a safety line for a rod and reel? These rigs are easy to make, super strong, and doggone convenient. Fittings on the ends of the coil will vary with the application.

Why am I not getting any pictures of anything?

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I think there was a change in server or something then--

My photos were hosted on Photobucket. Photobucket changeddirections and kinda hold photos hostage until the user coughs up $300 or some such. I definitely do not have $300 and wouldn't pay them a penny since they handled the situation so poorly.

I need to get somebody to show me how to get the thumb drive to work.

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
Just saw this neat trick on "how its made".

After you finish your lanyard, clamp one end in a vice and the other in a drill. Run it in reverse and watch the coils "flip". Just tried it on a weedeater line lanyard I made and it coils alot tighter and the coils have a little more strength.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not to take awayfrom the OP...

If you need to see this in action, there are a number of YouTube videos on this topic.

Search under paddle leash or rod leash.

I've made several. I've used aluminum sleeves to make the loops and I've used thread to wrap the loops.

If the weed eater line isn't smooth, you can cover it with thin paracord cover. There are some YouTube vids on this too.

Sent from an unnamed device running an undisclosed OS via a third party application.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,840 Posts
My photos were hosted on Photobucket. Photobucket changeddirections and kinda hold photos hostage until the user coughs up $300 or some such. I definitely do not have $300 and wouldn't pay them a penny since they handled the situation so poorly.

I need to get somebody to show me how to get the thumb drive to work.
Here CaptK

coil.jpg

coil2.jpg

41 - 50 of 50 Posts