Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been fishing that area since April and have caught trout & redfish. I think I've caught more redfish than trout. None of them were larger than 25". It seems when there's a lot of rain & a large amount of fresh water runs into the bay, I run into the occasional bass(largemouth, striped & sunshine). Not sure how I did it, but I've also caught 2 cow nose rays and a turtle. About a month ago I moved over to Blackwater since the water in Escambia has gotten too warm and have had much better luck over there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Escambia River

I fish that area quite a bit and like BackHome said the water has gotten really fresh and dirty. I've moved further up the river and have had better luck deep dropping.

I used the Navionics app and did sonar charting live so I could find the deepest holes.

You can also download the Navionics App and they have a new feature that allows you to color code your fishing depths so you can target certain areas once you find out where the fish are.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have wondered about that area myself, every time I drive over that bridge. ;)

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Shallow shallow shallow. This time of year it's also grassy. Some fish there but much better from October on thru the winter.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts