Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the reds might be feeding on this time of the year best , im gonna catch some bull minnows , pinfish and what ever else type of live bait i can catch in a net , plus i got a ton of lures and artifical baits

oh and would some home made chum consisting of ground up / rotten shrimp heads , freezer burnt boston mackeral and flounder heads be a good chum for reds and specs

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I pretty much stick with a 1 oz silver or gold spoon on the flats at Trout Point NAS.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys im gonna try to get some live shrimp they will prob get lost in my 50 gallon live well :banghead

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so just troll with a silver spoon , a guy told me to troll with gotchas to i got one of the neon yellow ones im gonna try everything i know and the suggestions you guys gave me i just hope we catch something cause its been a couple months since i killed something and im get that itch and fish taste better than chicken

i will try to put pics up of our catch if we catch anything and if the camera on my phone works

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
it depends on how shallow you want/can get....structure is always good for redfish..also look for bait...popping corks with gulps or live shrimp work, a gold or copper spoon will work, just have to work it differant ways till you find the way they like, also top water plugs will work you will know when a redfish hits it

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Redfish love fiddler crabs if you can get them and they're alot cheaper than live shrimp. Easier to keep alive for a long time too! Sheepshead love them too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts