Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Pensacola for work and I am not familiar with the area. I was wondering where some good public spots to fish are. I’m not asking for anyone’s honey hole. Just somewhere that isn’t closed due to Covid-19 that I can throw some lures and relax.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
You talking about fishing from shore or from a boat? Knowing that will guide people's ability to answer. Also, search the forum. This question comes up from time to time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s a good point. Unfortunately I don’t have a boat so I’ll be fishing from land. Thank you!

·
Alumacrafty
107 Posts
Not sure what’s open to fish but any access on the beach is good all the way to Alabama line. Perdido Key area. Get some Fishbites and fresh shrimp with a mullet for cut bait and go have fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what’s open to fish but any access on the beach is good all the way to Alabama line. Perdido Key area. Get some Fishbites and fresh shrimp with a mullet for cut bait and go have fun.
Cool thanks! Another reason I’m asking is because I’m not sure of what is closed or open due to the current situation with
Covid-19. Thanks again!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the area! Try Google for "simpson river recreation site" . There is a small pier on brackish water and there must be fish. I just launch my kayak from there and there are definitely fish in the area. Wish I knew more places but I'm sure you'll find some. Tight lines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts