Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are headed to Perdido for July 4th and I'm bringing the boat (live in Dallas now). Originally grew up on the sound, boating and skiing so I know the area well, but didn't do a ton of fishing. Would like to get the kids out and catch a little. Have a 17'6 SeaRay BR. I plan on putting in West Pcola and go around my old stomping grounds of the bay and the sound. (I won't be going out in the gulf due to size of my boat). I've tried looking up maps, but either pricey for one day of fishing (and who knows if accurate before purchase), or they are mostly offshore/gulf fishing.

What are some good spots for this time of year given the boat and limited experience? My son fishes the lakes here consistently, but that's a bit different than tidal/salt waters.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
969 Posts
My advice is to call Capt. Wes Rozier ( 850-982-7858 ) and set up a morning of fishing for you and your kids. His prices are very reasonable. Capt. Wes specializes in light tackle fishing in the bays and the sound. He will teach you a lot and you can then go out on your own !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Actually both my aunt and uncle are fishing charter captains in Orange Beach out of Zekes (inshore/offshore), exceptional ones at that, and I would go with them except they got booked up. They are super busy and I’m not going to bug them; just hoped someone might chime in with some advice on where to go. (Plus, depending on weather and other plans, we might go multiple days and not sure which days) My family owned a boat dealership and I literally grew up right on the sound in GB; no stranger to boats or those waterways. Just hoping someone to say “go to East side of pass, close to xyz” or something along those lines.
Any help for locations is greatly appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts