Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have information about the fishing seminars at Flounders? Or how to get an up to date schedule? I probably missed January. Called the numbers on one of the Hook Line and Sinker websites but ended up wrong number or no answer. Help?

·
Registered
56 Posts
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER SEMINAR SERIES
Held on Mondays at Flounder's Chowder House on Pensacola Beach.
The events starts with a dinner buffet at 6:30 p.m. followed by the seminar at 7.
February 2 - Sheepshead
March 2 - Surf Fishing
April 6 - Cobia
May 4 - Kayak Fishing
June 1 - King Mackerel
August 3 - Amberjack
September 7 - Redfish
October 5 - Flounder

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes.

Send them the URL from your computer when you are on this thread.
Ummmmm. Well. I understood the word "Send." The rest I have no idea.:001_huh: Please forgive me. I still turn the crank on the telephone to make an outgoing call. Don't understand this "URL", etc.. My grandson is coming over and may do it for me. If not I'll be back for help. But thank you for the information.

Doctor told me the other day, "Your closer to 80 than 18. Time to put racing wheels on your walker if you want to catch girls under 60." My doctor is a real clown.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have been wanting to go to these. Is it pretty informative? what all is discussed?
Yeah, its informative. Pretty much all about "How to." Pretty much all aspects seemed to be covered. And there is a question/answer period. Lot of good information. Its a very good service to the fishing community far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate your effort, but I think this is an older schedule. There are schedules still on line back to 2008, I think. The old schedules should be remove to eliminate some confusion for the older folks.:D I thought the same thing about this schedule until I saw the dates did not fall on Mondays.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Hey guys, just saw this thread.

We are working on topics for 2015 but the dates are pretty simple: First Monday of every month unless it's a holiday then we kick it back a week. Also, we take July off because it's always right around the 4th and our host venue - Flounder's is insane for the 4th and their staff needs a rest.

I'll get the 2015 topics together ASAP and post them here and on our websites. You can also check saltwater-events.com.

The events are free and start at 7 p.m. Free buffet courtesy of Flounder's and drink specials as well.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
February 2 - Sheepshead
March 2 - Surf Fishing
April 6 - Cobia
May 4 - Kayak Fishing
June 1 - King Mackerel
August 3 - Amberjack
September 7 - Redfish
October 5 - Flounder
November 2 - Winter Trout
December 7 - TBA

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Monday March 2 - Surf fishing

The Hook, Line and Sinker Seminar Series presented by Yamaha will start at 6:30 p.m. with a free buffet courtesy of Flounder's Chowder House. This month's topic will be surf fishing. As you can tell by some of the reports on here, it's been really good lately fishing for black drum from the beach but it's only going to get better as the spring warms up. We will cover a wide array of target species - pompano, redfish, black drum, whiting and others - with tips and tricks on how, when and where to catch them as well what type of tackle, bait or lures you should have on hand.

Hope to see a few folks out there for the FREE seminar that is made possible by our sponsors at George's Marine Electronics, SeaTow, Bomber Lures and the Ships Chandler.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Hope you keep the ones up over in Niceville too! These are very informative and always pick up a twist on something or a slight trick I didn't think of. No matter how long you've been on the water, there's always something to learn and its better than sitting at the house behind the tube. Keep up the good work!

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Hope you keep the ones up over in Niceville too! These are very informative and always pick up a twist on something or a slight trick I didn't think of. No matter how long you've been on the water, there's always something to learn and its better than sitting at the house behind the tube. Keep up the good work!
We are not currently scheduled to do Niceville but we are working on adding another venue over that direction.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
The next Hook, Line & Sinker Seminar Series presented by Yamaha will be Monday, April 6 starting at 7 p.m. at Flounder's Chowder House on Pensacola Beach.

This month's seminar will focus on cobia - which are in full migration now with great reports coming from area piers and boats. The guest speaker will be Capt. Myles Colley, one of the top boat captains in the Gulf and a legendary cobia angler.

As always, there is no cost for the seminar and there will be free giveaways after the show and a free buffet starting at 6:30 p.m. All of this is made possible thanks to our incredible sponsors: Yamaha, Flounder's Chowder House, Hot Spots Bait & Tackle, Hot Spots Charters, Sea Tow, George's Marine Electronics and Bomber Lures.

For more information, email [email protected] or visit saltwater-events.com for the season's full schedule.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts