Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out about 6:45 am on Sunday from home. Motored out to the middle of Escambia Bay justSoutheast of Devil's Point. Birds were flying and diving <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">intermittently, water was like glass.A few splashes here and there.

Decided to stop and try a few casts.Had my Father-In-Law and son on board. Rigged for a live line with a small pinfish and light sinker on light tackle line. My son caught a nice white trout. The father-in-law caught one soon after. I was rigged with a 3" gulp shrimp and had to wait for them to catch two more before I got my first one.

The biting slowed down and we moved to get closeto a weed line and thistime I was the one who started getting the hits. Everyone switched to gulp bait and we ended up catching our limit.

Home by 10:00 am, arms tired, had a great fish fry for lunch! Nice day!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ended up catching between twenty and thirty, and kept thebest fifteen. Some were too small but toward about 9:00 am the bigger ones were hitting hard. We were fishing a weed line and they were hitting on every cast. Lot's of fun on light tackle.

Mudbug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts