Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Vice Grips.................................................Letcha have um for Fifty Bucks...

• Haha
Reactions: Kamac

·
Registered
7,072 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
These aren't bad (had a pair and sold them), just not the same quality as the Donnmar titanium

I've also owned Van Staals titanium, but they wanted $170 for replacement block and cutter. Sold those, too.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Right not it’s between those and the Donnmar. $100 budget got blown fast.
if you can wait until this inflation shit is over (maybe in nov.) i think the prices will start to come down.
jack

• Haha
Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Super Moderator
21,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting thread. I guess I am just tight. I will keep buying cheap pliers and replacing them. If I bought the expensive ones I would probably drop them overboard the first day!
I work too hard for my money to buy disposable anything. Rather spend extra once and never have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Don't have the Danco pliers. But I do have their fillet knives and love them. Quality is amazing for the price. That said, I've been using pline pliers for years. Not the best quality but at 21 bucks or so on amazon, they work for me.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I bought expensive van staals once. Wish i knew where they were. Bottom of the Gulf or someone else’s tackle bag most likely. I will just keep buying a couple of pairs of the $30 ones at a time and replace as needed.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,796 Posts
I have used the Danco titanium for a year now.

So far so good. I really hate it when the cheap models sorta split (go sideways) at the tip. That you can over torque a pair of pliers by hand is BS.

I guess I expected more from an aluminum plier.

Jim

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Danco all the way. I purchased a pair for my father, last year's father's day, all he asked for this year was replacement cutters for them. (~12$ for 2 pair)

I've never once seen him wash a pair of pliers, usually he losses them too fast, but surf, kayak, inshore, and offshore for a year they are still going strong, the only thing he doesn't do is bass fish

1 - 20 of 49 Posts