Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mahi Mahi
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. In late May my family and a few others are taking a beach trip to gulf shores, and my buddies and I are gonna take a few days while the girls are on the beach and head offshore and try to target some AJs, trigger, and maybe some grouper. I found a brochure online that gives GPS numbers for spots like the "Wallace Liberty Ship", "Lipscomb Tug", and a few others as well as some tank fields. Has anybody heard of or fished these with any luck? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Plenty of Fish

Sure. These are all great spots and have plenty of fish. There is no place in the Gulf Coast that has more man-made reefs than Orange Beach, AL. Their Charter Captains association requires that each member build 5 reefs per year, if I'm not mistaken. You can also check the spots on MBT Divers web site and you have all the GPS numbers for lots more sites. Good luck out there. I don't think you will have any trouble catching plenty of fish.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Those are all good numbers and usually easy to find. Just be aware that you will typically have plenty of company.

Also, you will be sure to catch ( n release) plenty of snapper. The higher relief structures like the Wallace and such will offer more chances to target other species like , AJ, kings, grouper, Cobia, etc.

Good luck and have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts