Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I will be taking the family to Navarre Beach in a few weeks and want to take my 22' bay boat. Looking for advice on wether or not this is a good idea and if the beach front area is a good place to try out.

I was told that this forum would be helpful....

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
Of course it is a good idea. There is a nice launch right on Navarre. The sound is a great place fish the flats / grass, for Speckled Trout and Red Fish.

As far as getting into the Gulf, it will be a long boat ride from that launch, and you would be better off trailering it to either Destin or Pensacola, as that is where the Pass to the Gulf of Mexico is located.

Plus, if you have water toys, like a towable tube or something, you will have fun playing in the sound, and exploring it. Watch your bottom machine as there is some skinny water in that area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course it is a good idea. There is a nice launch right on Navarre. The sound is a great place fish the flats / grass, for Speckled Trout and Red Fish.

As far as getting into the Gulf, it will be a long boat ride from that launch, and you would be better off trailering it to either Destin or Pensacola, as that is where the Pass to the Gulf of Mexico is located.

Plus, if you have water toys, like a towable tube or something, you will have fun playing in the sound, and exploring it. Watch your bottom machine as there is some skinny water in that area.
Awesome...appreciate the reply!

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
Just make sure you have a place to park it, if you are staying at a house, it should be no problem. If a Condo, better ask about boat on a trailer parking.

There are two bait and tackle stores there.

Broxon Outdoors
8155 Navarre Pkwy Navarre, Fl 32566
850-936-0230

Half Hitch Tackle -Navarre
8711 Navarre Pkwy, Navarre, FL 32566
(850) 939-9885

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just make sure you have a place to park it, if you are staying at a house, it should be no problem. If a Condo, better ask about boat on a trailer parking.
We are staying in a friends house so we are good....can you tell me if this is a good download for fishing locations? Navarre Florida US GPS Fishing Spots

1 - 8 of 8 Posts