Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some other yakers to fish Little Lagoon once and a while. I can fish weekday evenings and some weekends. Might be fun to get a group to start fishing a few times a month. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This Saturday the MBKFA is having their family day at the public launch on the north side. They are having one of their "FishOuts" 6am-noon and then having a big feed. You don't have to be a member to come fish, hang out and meet some folks. There are several of the guys that fish LL regularly. Just tell them BFD sent you........ well maybe not.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I usually fish the Magnolia River and Pelican Point/bigmouth at Weeks Bay, but just started fishing Little Lagoon a few weeks back as everything has dried up at my usual spots after the flood. I've been launching at the cut and fish the north shoreline and have picked up some nice specs and flounder. Always looking for others to fish with. Send me a PM if interested.

Mark

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info brainBFD.

Mark, I'll let you know when I fish there. I usually launch at the same spot.
thanks!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like incoming tide in the am. Thinking about fishing the cut area (if) I can launch there. Not sure if the parking lot is open since they're building the new bridge. Will have to check on that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm thinking about going. Only draw back is a AL license and expires in a few weeks if I get one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
USCG
57 Posts
I used to fish LL pretty regular until I started fishing Big Lagoon. Put in at West Beach and fish the holes and area past the cut. I used to do great on Spanish and Specks, Flounder sometimes. Never much Redfish action in the lagoon but I always catch them on the ocean side.
The parking lot is open at the bridge.

I probably need to start fishing here again, especially considering that I live on it... I've been driving an hour out to fish Big lagoon for the last year.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Where are you guys referring to as the cut? I've never fished over there before but would like to know where I can launch
Take Hwy 59 south till it dead ends at the beach. Turn right (west) on hwy 182 and go a couple of miles until you get to a bridge. They are working on the bridge, so construction signs and cranes galore - can't miss it. Immediately before the bridge on the right (northeast) side is a public parking lot. It was still open a couple of weeks ago when I fished there last, but there are a limited number of spots. If we fish early, they'll all be open for us. But they will then fill up quickly as the beach goers and surf fishers show up.

The 3 times I've fished it, I launch there and travel immediately to the north shore and fish between the two points along the sandbar ledge. Topwater has been great at first light, followed by suspending twitch bait, then baby bass grubs. I've also caught several specs by trolling a twitch bait when I'm traveling from one spot to another.

I'd suggest launching before 5AM.

I'm sure others have better spots to fish, I've not learned them yet, so looking forward to it.

Mark

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
definitely want to get there before sun up. keep in touch, hope everyone can make it

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
send me a pm if you're in. ill check this evening and coordinate with anyone who want to fish tomorrow am

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does the parking lot by the bridge under construction allow trailer? If not I am headed to the north boat ramp I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cant say for sure. the lot is small but id think you can get away with it if you fish early

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been to the lagoon twice this summer and struck out both times. Tons of action all around me, threw the tackle box at them and not a single bite. Maybe its my luck? Anybody else have a similar experience there?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I've been to the lagoon twice this summer and struck out both times. Tons of action all around me, threw the tackle box at them and not a single bite. Maybe its my luck? Anybody else have a similar experience there?
I've been 3 times, and haven't been skunked. Some days better than others. A few local friends and I hired a local guide to take us out in his boat the first time back toward the end of May. We all limited out on specs. The two additional times in the yak I've caught keeper specs and flounder. I was in my Outback those times, so couldn't stand up to see the ledges, and couldn't retrieve topwater as well as standing. I've since picked up a PA12, so looking forward to being able to stand, weather permitting.

I'll be there tomorrow.

Mark

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Had a great morning with Xpac at little lagoon. After a slow start and hitting some ladyfish, I finally got into some trout. Hit about 30 altogether, lost about half a dozen, and threw back all the small ones except one that was gut hooked. Made my limit. Largest around 27", several above 20. Also hit a couple o flounder, one pretty large that snapped my line and another that I threw back. Was odd - hit both of them while trolling a grub while moving to another spot.

Anyway, lots of fun!

Mark

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts