Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is almost 70, so I know that he does not have to have a fishing license anymore. My question is does he have to have any of the add-ons that she would normally add to a license? Reef fish, shore permit, or such?
Thanks
Sky

·
Registered
622 Posts
My dad is almost 70, so I know that he does not have to have a fishing license anymore. My question is does he have to have any of the add-ons that she would normally add to a license? Reef fish, shore permit, or such?
Thanks
Sky
Yes! Reef permit for sure.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Thanks
Sky
yes, he will have to have the other permits in al. we were checked at sportsman by two wardens walking the piers. they asked for our dl and reef permit plus the capt's rec/ permits for the boat. they looked at our license and gave us a short talk on why the other permits were important to conservation and reminded us they were free. just to piss us off, the newbie checked every compartment on the boat.
jack

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
To my knowledge, he actually still has to have a fishing license, it is just no cost due to age. All of the add ons he must have as well.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
To my knowledge, he actually still has to have a fishing license, it is just no cost due to age. All of the add ons he must have as well.

don't need a fishing license, just have to show your dl. to prove age.
jack

·
Registered
11,270 Posts

What does a Resident 65+ Hunt/Fish certificate cover and where do I get it?
Florida residents age 65 or older only need a Florida Driver License or Identification Card to prove residency and age. They are not required to purchase the following recreational licenses and permits:

• Saltwater fishing, freshwater fishing and hunting licenses
  • Snook, lobster, deer, management area, muzzleloading, turkey, archery, crossbow, *Florida waterfowl, and migratory bird permits.
The Resident 65+ Hunt/Fish certificate is available, at no cost, online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com, or at local county tax collectors office, but it is not a required item.

While a license is not required for resident seniors, they should keep proof of age and residency in their possession while participating in these activities.

* The exemption does not apply for the federal duck stamp or tarpon tags.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yes, he will have to have the other permits in al. we were checked at sportsman by two wardens walking the piers. they asked for our dl and reef permit plus the capt's rec/ permits for the boat. they looked at our license and gave us a short talk on why the other permits were important to conservation and reminded us they were free. just to piss us off, the newbie checked every compartment on the boat.
jack
The reef endorsement cost $10 ... and is not free...soon you will have to have extra endorsements ($$) for anything that swims in water....it's not about conservation..but about the money and the state's harassment of it's citizens...be sure to thanks your politicians 😀

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The above doesn't mention Reef fish. I believe you are still required to register for reef fish if you plan on catching any. But, Yes, It is free in Florida

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
jack
but officer. the last time i was here, the game warden that checked our boat said it was free. that was just last month. wtf?
jack

·
Registered
622 Posts

As a senior, all you need is a Florida ID or DL when checked. You add reefs on the website by following the 'as if you have a license' path. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
as a non-resident of fl., i get an annual license for $47 and the reef permit is free. but that was last year. it may have changed.
jack

·
Registered
742 Posts
The reef endorsement cost $10 ... and is not free...soon you will have to have extra endorsements ($$) for anything that swims in water....it's not about conservation..but about the money and the state's harassment of it's citizens...be sure to thanks your politicians 😀
I just turned 65 and got mine and the reef permit is free but has to be renewed every year!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts