Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Military doing training the first two weeks in FEB. Been two years since I was stationed in PCOLA, and I forgot whats still around. Looking to do some fishing inshore, or even go offshore with a guide. What should we expect to catch if anything.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Of course a lot has to do with the climate and how the cold fronts are affecting our temperatures. I'd say it's been a mild winter... But Feb is usually the coldest month before the gradual warm up in March heading into Cobia and Sheephead season!
That being said- it's going to be very interesting to see how this February shapes up! Last year was Cold and top that off with the Freezing Rain and sleet- real nasty!
As of now, there are people already "killing" the Sheephead and still catching some trout (although you'll have to look for them), and of course redfish!
Anyway- like I said, I'm not sure how to say next month is going to play out- I hope good! I have a friend who is bringing her Dad (who has cancer) to go on an inshore fishing trip, so I'm going to be put on the spot- in a month I typically keep the boat in storage :001_huh: ....then the next good day, I'm trying to plan a little offshore AJ trip for her and her husband!
Anyway- I know there are some hardcore inshore anglers on here who will surely chime in and give you some solid tips and tricks on Feb fishing.
Hope this was helpful- and good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts