Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be there for a week at the end of may. I'm just wondering what will be inshore then. I do plenty offshore here and don't care to bother with a charter. Just would like to know of any place I could possibly catch a snook or permit mainly. Thanks in advance.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Cast a green yo-zuri crystal minnow at the cypress in the ICW for snook and drift a 1/2 crab in Deerfield inlet for permit. If your not taking a boat may I suggest a drift boat or charter out of Hillsborough inlet and fish the 3 reefs for snapper,grouper and maybe a dolphin or 2. Swordfishing off the Pompano bch. pier is a lot of fun too just south of Boca. Used to catch a lot of Peacock bass in the inshore waterways till folks started putting up fences. :hoppingmad

·
Super Moderator
27,943 Posts
I'd love to do some Tarpon down there when they come through....I stay glued to the TV when they show the tourneys down there....good luck when you go and take a camera fer lots of:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you have time make the trip to Jupiter Inlet its the hottest snook spots in so. florida , its about 40 min. north of Boca on I-95. I think snook season is closed then so check with the locals before taking one to the house. I lived in Palm Beach Gardens for 18 yrs and it was nothing to catch and release 25-30 fish a day

Good luck

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I've caught most anything that can be caught offshore, I mainly want the species inshore and don't want to paysomeone to take me fishing. I won't keep any fish more than likely anyway so don't care about the season, would just like to catch a fish I haven't caught before. Never thought about a peacock, but that sounds awesome, do they getany big ones?

·
Registered
333 Posts
BlueH20Fisher (1/9/2010)Thanks for the info. I've caught most anything that can be caught offshore, I mainly want the species inshore and don't want to paysomeone to take me fishing. I won't keep any fish more than likely anyway so don't care about the season, would just like to catch a fish I haven't caught before. Never thought about a peacock, but that sounds awesome, do they getany big ones?
If my memory serves my correct most of the pecock bass will be in the 2 to 5 lb range.Always wanted to fish for these before i came to milton but never had the chance. In 98 when i left So. Florida they had not made it that far north in the roadside canals systems but i hear they are now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts