Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had success fishing this spot? The dock looks like it was built for no other reason than to fish. It has benches and rod holders along the length of it. I went out there last night just after dark and didn't have any success in the first hour so we left for bob sikes. Maybe would have stuck around longer, but the mosquitoes were horrid. Was thinking about being up there next Saturday as the sun comes up, but wanted to check out your opinions.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet...I picked up some super spook jrs. (thanks to OxBeast for selling me on those when he took me yak fishing the other day!) and a couple spoons. Will be there to watch the sunrise next Sat.! Thanks for the reply.

· Registered
1,610 Posts
Actually one of my personally favorite spots to fish. Well at least launch my kayak it a spot that a bunch of us launch at. The fishing in that area is great and will only get better through out the fall and winter. Trout, reds, flounder, large mouth, black drum and stripers. If your going to fish from the dock I would suggest a slip cork rig with live shrimp. Good luck!

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually one of my personally favorite spots to fish. Well at least launch my kayak it a spot that a bunch of us launch at. The fishing in that area is great and will only get better through out the fall and winter. Trout, reds, flounder, large mouth, black drum and stripers. If your going to fish from the dock I would suggest a slip cork rig with live shrimp. Good luck!
Wait...do you have to pay to fish there?

· Registered
1,610 Posts
Sorry I don't like getting treated like a second rate citizen because I fish in a kayak. I promise you he has rubbed 90% of the people that use a kayak up there the wrong way! And yes everyone that asks about fishing up there I will tell to avoid his place of business! If that offends you I am sorry this is a public forum!

· Registered
2,582 Posts
Sorry I don't like getting treated like a second rate citizen because I fish in a kayak. I promise you he has rubbed 90% of the people that use a kayak up there the wrong way! And yes everyone that asks about fishing up there I will tell to avoid his place of business! If that offends you I am sorry this is a public forum!
No offense. Just trying not to derail this post.

· Registered
1,610 Posts
Great question if you ask 10 fwc officers you will probably get 10 different answers. If you are fishing in the vicinity of hwy 90 for saltwater species a saltwater license will suffice just don't get caught with any freshwater fish in the cooler. It's best to have both especially in the fall and winter just because of all the salt and freshwater species that you can catch that are goood to eat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.