Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,078 Posts
As you probably know, only state water (9 miles out) is open. The pass is open, is supposed to be closed at night.

I talked to a party boat captain yesterday, he said there are patches of oil, the fish are bitiing. Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
7:00 Sunday morning I was sitting at the West Jetties on my Turtle Patrol ATV and saw no less than 20 big boats in the pass at the same time heading out, it was like a train of boats! Wish I could have been on one of them!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we fished yesterday and only got one snapper. 69 Viking we were just ahead of those big boats we fished about 4 miles west of the peir, the liberty ship and a spot about 5 miles south of the pass. We even put a diver down on the last spot and nothing bigger than a ruby on the barge. Slow day but that is fishing it wont keep us from going again

G

·
0 Posts
Is the Destin East Pass not opening until these times this weekend?
<pre>06/26/2010 Sat 10:30AM LDT 0.9 H 09:56PM LDT -0.1 L
06/27/2010 Sun 11:09AM LDT 0.8 H 10:24PM LDT -0.1 L

I don't know where to go to find approximately what time the Destin East Pass is open.
If those times are correct, I wouldn't be able to go out through the pass on Sunday until sometime after 11:09am.

If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

We went out last Sunday and caught 5 red snappers and 1 lane snapper on Father's Day.
Most spots we hit were dead, while one was really good.

Here's a link to the fish we caught. We were on a 23' Sailfish.

http://bimmerinfo.com/fish/fish4.jpg

</pre>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts