Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys (and Gals),

I just got a new Hobie Compass and my intentions are to eventually get offshore with it, but for now it will be pedaled around Bear and Hurricane Lake and the Bays until I get used to it. I had a West Marine Pompano 120 for a while, so I'm not new to kayak fishing, but that was a $500 boat and the Hobie is a $2400 boat, so I'm definitely gonna get used to it before going in the gulf.

I'm looking to go fishing sometime Saturday morning weather permitting (looks pretty good at this point). I was looking at the Yellow River estuary or the grass flats in Niceville. However, if someone has a better idea and wants some fishing company, feel free to let me know. I'm up for pretty much anything at this point.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bear and Hurricane Lake are almost always slow fishing, even for experienced bass fishermen. Since you just got that yak, I'd try to go somewhere you can get on some fish. I kayak fish Leon Hines Brook Lake a lot, good bass there if you have what it takes to figure em out. I'd stay away from any bays around Milton this weekend, fished yesterday and the water is so fresh that fishing is unbearably slow. Good luck 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts