Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're all the same once we get fishing.

I was at the T-pier GB last night (post and pics to come in Pier/Bridges section)and I was fishing with an older obviously Jewish gentleman, a ex-military black guy, and a couple from Nevada here on vacation. We were all getting along, swapping fishing stories and sharing bait and tackle and space. It was nice to see that in this world of fear and hostility that we can all leave it behind at the dock! No boundaries, no barriers- just fishin!

A few years ago I was shark fishing on the beach pier at like 1 in the morning. I strike up a conversation with a guy there and it turns out, he's a prominent attorney here in town. Loaded with money! He tells me he had to get out of the house to decompress and clear his thoughts. Huh- just like me!

It got me thinking- we all put our pants on one leg at a time. Children, adults, retarded, intelligent, black, white, yellow, brown, athiest, Catholic, Jew- It doesn't matter. Once you get to the water- we're all the same!!!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_lblFullMessage>Additive; YES! Expensive; YES! Best therapy in the world; YES!

I can have the most stressful or depressing day at work, lose sleep at night, and get on the water and have a fish tug on my line - and all of a sudden, the sky lights up, the stars line up, my battery gets charged, and everything is OK.

However, the good and the bad - the older I get, the more often I need to get my battery charged.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I tell people the same thing all the time. I've meet such a huge variety of people while fishing....it's good stuff.

·
Registered
512 Posts
fishn4real (10/3/2007)<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_lblFullMessage>Additive; YES! Expensive; YES! Best therapy in the world; YES!

I can have the most stressful or depressing day at work, lose sleep at night, and get on the water and have a fish tug on my line - and all of a sudden, the sky lights up, the stars line up, my battery gets charged, and everything is OK.

However, the good and the bad - the older I get, the more often I need to get my battery charged.

I agree 100% other than my battery needs charged the minute i leave the water most times.:doh

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
bigfishrookie (10/3/2007)We're all the same once we get fishing.

It got me thinking- we all put our pants on one leg at a time. Children, adults, retarded, intelligent, black, white, yellow, brown, athiest, Catholic, Jew- It doesn't matter. Once you get to the water- we're all the same!!!
Ok, let me get this straight. There was a jew,a black guy and 2 white folks from Nevada. Which one were you, the retard?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Death From Above (10/8/2007)

Ok, let me get this straight. There was a jew,a black guy and 2 white folks from Nevada. Which one were you, the retard?

Wasn't that a little uncalled for? Bigfishrookie happens to be a good friend of mine and he will give the shirt off his back to help someone,so i really think your statement was inapropriate.:nonono

·
Registered
387 Posts

wow!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I agree, I've made a lot of friends through fishing that I normally may not have had the chance to meet and it is deff the best therapy in the world ~L

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Last Chance (10/8/2007)

Wasn't that a little uncalled for? Bigfishrookie happens to be a good friend of mine and he will give the shirt off his back to help someone,so i really think your statement was inapropriate.:nonono

Come on. That was funny and you know it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
JoeZ (10/8/2007)
Last Chance (10/8/2007)

Come on. That was funny and you know it.
It was a joke. Didn't know we were at church.

·
Registered
441 Posts
This almost sounds like the beginnings of a great joke..." so a jew, a black guy, and a couple from Nevada are fishing from a pier one night....[insert ending here]" I don't know what the middle would be, but I'd probably end it with, " you're flashlight? Hell, find my keys and I can drive us out of here!"

Bob

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's OK DFA. We've all come to expect nothing more from you than your ingnoranace. Take a look at yourpost profile- you'll see that you really don't contribute anything to this forum but lies, jokesand poaching stories. Maybe agig to your face would knock some sense into you. Or how bout a couple broken teeth to make you look pretty?

Thanks Last Chance for gettin my back.

·
Registered
147 Posts
bigfishrookie (10/9/2007) Maybe a gig to your face

I like it, think I'll have to start using that one on my techs.

Test tech motivator:

"what is the hold up terminating that fiber???? Maybe a gig to your face will get ya moving"

BTW Bigfishrookie...agreed were all the same more places than just the water.

·
Registered
244 Posts
bigfishrookie (10/9/2007)It's OK DFA. We've all come to expect nothing more from you than your ingnoranace. Take a look at yourpost profile- you'll see that you really don't contribute anything to this forum but lies, jokesand poaching stories. Maybe agig to your face would knock some sense into you. Or how bout a couple broken teeth to make you look pretty?

Thanks Last Chance for gettin my back.
maybe the joke was innappropriate, but this is a point blank threat to someones life. thats the perfect example of ignorance. didn't ya mamma ever teach about sticks and stones? i think you both need a good tickle and calm down...get them konz!!!!!!!!! other than that, i'm gonna sit here and watch you ladies argue...or guys i mean, sorry. :baby

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bigfishrookie, your initial post was great and for the most part true, but you just totally ruined it and basically contradicted yourself about how fishing brings everyone together with your rant against DFA, I don't know the guy and yes he does post some crap, but that was clearly a joke, and even if he was being malicious your over the top response sure doesn't represent your first post. Can't we all just fish along :grouphug

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a fairly nice guy guy that enjoys life, fishing, family and friends. But when someone calls me retard that doesn't know me- I take offense. Yes this a public forum and I expect trollers to start shit- particularly from a punk sitting behind his computer at home. I didn't threaten him- it was just a joke- I didn't know we were at church.Does thatt make it OK?

I'm not threatening anyone here- I respect Chris's forum- he knows me personally for over 10 years, so no disrespect.

If I offended anyone- sorry. Besides, DFA has little tolerance in my eyes from a guywho lies, cheats and steals. If he wants to make himself happy by posting his humor at the expense of me- I don't like that. I have an uncle who is retarded and I think that anyone who has a family memeber or friend that is challenged should take offense. Maybe I'm just sensative in that regard. I also have a friend who's paralized and in a wheelchair (hit by a drunk driver at age 20), so I take offense to people that make fun of that as well.

DFA- PM me if you want to start some crap or say you're sorry and let's get on with some fishing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah- and Flyboy- I thank you for the kind words about my past posts. However, I do not think that making fun of someone who's retarded is funny. That was not a joke- that was an offensive assault.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts