Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do ya'll believe in as good/bad luck superstitions, habits or rituals...

The NO BANANAS ON THE BOAT rule is one I will stick with and that includes banana boat suntan oil too...

Never change the name on a boat... Yep me too! I only know of a couple that had transom names changed and both suffered catastrophic demises...

Pour a swig of the first beer over the side for "the fish gods"...

If a person onboard has stolen a lure or anything the fish gods poop in my fish box (as they should)...

The same poop will befall my box if I don't honor all size and limit regs and this also goes to include keeping only what I need or will clean and use...

So what do ya'll have?

I don't have a lucky shirt or hat etc...

Brent

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Holy crap dude!!!!

You've just made me understand why my last two diving trips were so freaking costly!!! DAYUMMMM!

I've always been a firm beliver that Banana's on the boat were bad luck, but now I realize that that G.D. Banana Boat sunscreen we bought was just as bad if not worse.

I just through away a damn bottle of that shiite and will never buy it again. :angry:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I will use the B-Boat sunscreen just not on the boat...:toast

I did the pest control on the B-Boat distributor center in orlando for years and had tons of it for free but the capt. that told me about the yeller fruit told me he would let me use his H-Tropic if I left mine in my truck...

Brent

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Oh lord, nanners are bad! Fished one day in late April worked the beach from Destin all the way to the 1st Condos at Pensacola and did not see one cobia nor one other boat even stop to investigate a fish. Half way there saw a banana floating in the water, no doubt thrown overboard by another fisherman when he discovered a newbie passenger with it on the boat. All I can figure is it was working like pouring bleach in around a dock! It just ran off all the fish from Destin to Pensacola. I was surprised Sea Tow and TowBoat US were not overwhelmed with calls from the area.

Word to the wise, don't bring banana brad on the boat either. Um Uh, no way, bad mojo!

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Whisteling on the bridge. I didn't believe in it and never done it in the Navy because it wasn't professional. I was out on the supply boat about 2 years ago and was listening to the radio and got caught up in the tune and started whisteling to it. Cap'n almost had a fit and damn near threw my out of the pilothouse.

Sure as shit, 8 hours later a blown engine and 100K up a hogs arse.

I still think it was just time for the motor to go but..... I don't whistle on the bridge anymore.

Whisteling on the bridge is suppose to bring bad weather from what I understand but after what happened I'll say it brings bad luck. We didn't have any bad weather come our way.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Like Murph said, I've always heard whistling on a boat is a bad luck. Can't remember where I heard it, but I don't whistle on a boat. I've also thrown a few coins overboard from time to time if we aren't doing to well in the "fish catching" department. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.