Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Fishing Between Fronts

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stc1993 
#1 ·
As the cold fronts continue to come and go, the fishing changes fast. As soon as the last cold front passed, the fish grouped up and it's was incredible fishing. I had 6 spots along a good stretch that were each holding good schools of Reds. As the cold weather slowly disappeared, the fish spread back out, and covering water was the name of the game. These same spot were hit and miss, some were still holding numbers, but others were dry. At this point, the only option is to keep moving and casting, and when you catch one, slow down and pick apart the area. Main thing I noticed was the redfish moved even shallower, and the slot trout moved into the areas the Reds had been holding during the cold weather. I've been throwing the Rapala Twitchin Minnow and the Jackall Bonnie pretty much all the time, as the fish are feeding on mullet, and these are perfect imitations. Poor Bonnie has been getting inhaled, and even went through the crushers the other day. Working the lures fast causes the fish to not think, just react to the movement, and the strikes are insane! As this front passes through, the fish will school up, and the bite will be crazy again.

I've been getting some questions on the lures I use, and getting technical is something I like to do, so I'm gonna share some thoughts on some of the small things like hook selection, lure color, size and so on over in the Q&A section. Here's a few pictures from this week so far:

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.